Sunday, July 25, 2010

Event/Photo Story

For this assignment, were we to go out and photograph an event or get a photo story. I went to the Bellingham Farmer's Market and photographed and talked to "buskers", street performers and entertainers at the market. Here are some highlights.

Photobucket

Kevin Pinnell, 47, as known as “Thee Balloon Guy” presents Kevin O’Brien, 1, with a balloon. Kevin’s parents, Justin O’ Brien, 28, and Krystal O’Brien, 27, are visiting from Houston, TX. Pinnell has been entertaining young and old with his balloons for 20 years. “I go through anywhere from around 400 to 700 balloons a typical [Farmer’s] market. “ Pinnell said.

Photobucket

Tucker Horath, 16, plays his violin at the Bellingham Farmer’s Market. Horath has played violin for six years, and is saving the money he earns from the Farmer’s Market to pay off his car. “I’ve been coming here [to the Farmer’s Market] for five years,” Horath said.

Photobucket

Richard Myers, 55, sings an original song at the Bellingham Farmer’s Market. He started “busking” or street performing in 1997 at Pike Place Market in Seattle. “I take the songs as they come,” Myers said. According to Myers, about 50 percent of his songs are spiritually-based.

Photobucket

Chelsea Barrett, 26, plays her miniature piano at the Bellingham Farmer’s Market. “I’m also a performer with the Bellingham Circus Guild,” Barrett said.

Photobucket

Cayley Schmid, 21, Richard Reeves, 24, and Aaron Guest, 25 (Right to Left) from the band Polecat play at the Bellingham Farmer’s Market. Polecat, a 5 piece band, plays every Monday 8:30 P.M to 10:00 P.M at Boundary Bay Brewery. “[I have played] guitar since I was ten, 15 years,” Guest said.

Photobucket

Quinton Rundell, 13, plays his guitar and kazoo at the Bellingham Farmer’s Market. Rundell said he has played guitar for 9 years, and it is his 2nd year at the Farmer’s Market. The story behind his use of the Kazoo: “My dad bought me this kazoo for a Christmas present, just to see what I could do with it, and I threw it into one of my songs and it just worked,” Rundell said.

No comments:

Post a Comment